- Please call us to make an appointment for your eye examination.
- Bifocal expertise
- English support available
- Written communication assistance available
3-36-13 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022 Japan
Diagonally across from the Shinjuku Flagship Store
- Business hours
- 10 AM to 8 PM daily
- By train
- JR Shinjuku Station Central East Exit 1 minute’s walk
- Parking is available at the Shinjuku Station East Exit Parking Lot.
Purchases worth 5000 yen and above will entitle you to one free hour of parking.
Should you be collecting your purchase on a later date, a parking ticket for 30 minutes of free parking will be issued.
- Tax-free store
- Cashless payment methods
All major credit cards accepted
- Available brands
- View all brands
- What is EyeMec?
- This is a device that captures images your face from three angles — the front, the top and the bottom — while you have your glasses on. With this device, the shape of your spectacle frames and the position of your eyes while wearing glasses can be digitized and quantified in numerical values, allowing for a better understanding of your eyesight.
- What is ‘depth perception’?
- This refers to the visual ability to perceive distance, and objects in three dimensions. Humans perceive distance via the interaction of both their eyes as they receive information through sight. Testing one’s depth perception is also called the ‘dynamic stereo vision test’, and without a specialised examination device, it is impossible to test for this ability.
To perceive objects accurately in three dimensions and at the correct distance, good eyesight is needed in both eyes. Still, we have observed that even when one possesses normal function in three-dimensional perception, they are unable to grasp certain visuals, leading them to fail the eye examination during their driver’s license test.
At stores where the depth perception vision tester is available, customers may use them to prepare for their driver’s license test.
※ Please note that wearing glasses produced by Washin during your driver’s license test does not guarantee you will pass.